Friday, January 16, 2009

Last leg of the trip LA-Flag

January 15 Last Leg

Flying from korea to tokyo was quick and I saw the most beautiful thing- I think this picture says it all (Mount Fuji in Japan) Well the trip was almost over when I finally reached LA at 7:25 am. I headed to customs to be legally allowed to enter the states when I successfully got in the slowest line EVER. It seriously took 45 minutes when it should have taken maybe 20. Again, when you ask for patience, God gives you situations like that. To add the annoyance, I almost got my phone taken away by the security haha. I totally forgot that when you get off the plane from traveling internationally, you aren't supposed to use your phone. Well someone from DBU had called me and suddenly the security guy yelled at me telling me to get off the phone- I was totally shocked that I didnt know how to explain myself to the person on the phone and when the security guy started walking toward me I just hung up. Oops. Well after waiting in line for forever, I got through customs and headed outside. I kept forgetting where I was (maybe the lack of sleep was starting to effect my though process). I was super excited to have a 7 hour layover because I finally had the opportunity to spend time with a former eagle- Ana aka OC!!! She's from the OC and because of the horrible snow storms she was unable to come out and visit me- but now I got to visit her! She came and picked me up and thats when the adventure began!
I had told her I had a few hours to kill and just to keep me busy- well she took those words and did exactly that! We first hit up a mexican restaurant to get a breakfast burrito (that weighed like a pound!), then we drove to her school and checked out her dorm room, then we drove to downtown disneyland to get a caramel apple and play around in the disney store. We tried on all the funny hats and I bought a few souvenirs.

We then left downtown disney and headed to find a coffee bean. We grabbed some coffee (to help keep me awake because I hadn't gotten a bit of sleep for 24 hours!) and headed towards the beaches. I saw Long Beach and Huntington Beach- they were beautiful and I got a full tour of southern cali within 4 hrs. We wanted to get a picture at a beach and stick our toes in the water before I had to be back to the airport, so Ana parked the car on the side of the road, we ran to the beach, snapped a few pictures and I picked up a few sea shells and hopped back into the car. We were able to get all of these fun random things done and it was a blast. I was just expecting to grab a bite to eat with Ana and that would be it, but she totally blessed me and took me everywhere! It was so nice to finally reunite with an eagle!We got back to the airport just in time for me to check in and have a few minutes before I got on the plane. Once I got to my gate, jet lag hit hard. I was struggling to keep my eyes open, but I knew I could hold on until I got on the plane. Once I sat in my seat I passed out and woke up when we were flying over Sedona. The trip from LA to Flag was quick and a total relief when we landed. We got there earlier than expected, so I didnt have a warm welcome from the parents (which was ok). They arrived a few minutes after I grabbed my luggage. I then shared everything about the trip- I showed some pictures, gave them their little goodies- it was great! We went out to dinner and had an awesome time talking about life- Im not even sure Indonesia came up, but it was really neat to open up and talk about things that arent a typical dinner meal topic. God's presence was at the table that night and it was awesome (even a little emotional, so weird!)


So ya the first night back was good, very overwhelming. I had no idea what to expect when it came to jet lag, so I was in for a treat :) I eventually called it a night by midnight. I am still hoping for some time to reflect and be alone, but I am not sure that is gonna happen unfortunately :( Thank you Lord, for you are good and your love endures forever. I am so thankful that you never fail me and that you never leave my side. This verse gave me some comfort when I was on the plane thinking about life and it was kinda interesting that it was the verse on the wall at Molly's school :) lamentations 3:21-24

No comments: