Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Evans' Sisters Adventures Day 12

Last Days in Indonesia :'( January 13

Wow, I cant believe that the 2 weeks has already come and gone so quickly! I have had so many memories that I hope to never forget... but its not over just yet, one more half day at school then its fly away in a plane back to america-33 hrs :)Today went well. I hitched a ride with a man on a motor bike to get the school- I had to do it before I left...it only cost me $.40! He was generous and drove slower than usual :)
Today, I had taken on another job and I got to do the lower elementary kids chapel, and thanks to this summer and teaching kids the bible, I was somewhat prepared. I was going to talk on the reasons why God deserves the glory. I gave them 5 reasons and put a story from the bible with each one.
He deserves the glory because:
1. He created us
2. He can do awesome things
3. He changes us
4. He saves us from our sin
5. He can use us!
I was expecting for the stories to take up more time, but no I was done within maybe 30 minutes and chapel lasted 50 minutes! We sang some songs like "Who's the king of the Jungle" and "My God is so big"...but unfortunately with the attention span of a 3-5 year old, they were done. We did sing "Father Abraham" and that was hilarious and the kids thought so too. So ya that chapel might have felt like a bust, but God is always at work and I need to remember its not my job to impact the lives of everyone let alone anyone, thats up to God.
I then had the afternoon off until 2:30 when I was scheduled to talk about DBU to the high schoolers. It rained cats and dogs all afternoon, so instead of going on a run, I packed then watched a chick flick. Though I love chick flicks and love living vicariously through the characters' unrealistic love lives, I have realized that is not a good thing for my heart. I get these pictures in my mind that love is so easy and so predictable, but that's not the case. I had made it a new years resolution to guard my heart, and I am afraid watching chick flicks like "The Family Stone" probably doesnt help much. I am really going to work on keeping God my number one and not letting someone let alone anything distract me from my number one priority: growing in my relationship with Christ!
This is going to be an interesting semester to look forward- a lot of changes and a lot of challenges expected, so staying focused is key!
Ok, so back to today- I went and spoke to the high schoolers about DBU. That was so much fun- man if DBU wanted someone to go to international schools and talk about DBU I would be the first to raise my hand! I loved it and it went so well!
The rain fortunately stopped, so it allowed me to go for a run. I was a little bit more brave and ran outside of Molly's neighborhood today. Man the stares you get here if you are white, its funny, but kinda gets old after a while...maybe it was because I was singing along with my music-so what ;)
The same student that brought the sushi yesterday wanted to bless us again with amazing Korean food! What a blessing that was because the gas wasnt working for the stove, so we werent sure what we were going to eat for dinner- man God is so good and is always faithful to provide!
The rest of the evening was filled with packing and talking. Not much of an eventful night, but I think I have had plenty to make up for it. It is kinda weird knowing I leave tomorrow. Molly wont be coming with me to the airport in Jakarta, so maybe that will help make the goodbye easier. I have been thinking about the questions "what am I going to take away from this trip? What has God taught me through this experience? and Am I changed?" These questions will be reflected upon while I am on the plane for 33hrs.
Tomorrow I will be speaking in the middle school chapel, and then I hop on a shuttle to head to the airport! The Lord is so good and if I could say one thing it would be I am so super blessed to have had the opportunity to come here and experience everything I did and I give all the credit to the Lord because He totally orchestrated this whole entire trip!

No comments: