Monday, January 12, 2009

Evans' Sisters Adventures Day 10

January 11 Old Rugged Cross

Man, what a day. Molly and I got to sing "The Old Rugged Cross" at church which was a sweet last minute deal. The message was great talking about our identity in Christ and the difference between living a life pleasing God and trusting God. It was a great reminder that life isnt all about pleasing God and doing things for Him, its all about trusting. The pastor reminded us of the old hymn trust and obey-and it is such a simple concept!
"Trust and obey for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey"
After Church we grabbed a quick bite to eat-soup (in a bag) to go and rice (in paper), and had a meeting with a group of students planning on visiting the islands in the spring. They were learning how to ask people questions to get to know them, so I was the guinea pig they practiced on! It then poured the rest of the afternoon. I let Molly have the afternoon off otherwise she would kill me, so I went home to work on my talks. That didnt go very well seeing as I broke down last night trying to prepare 4 "mini sermons" with my own words and strength. What was I thinking- that I could prepare these things on my own? Man, do I struggle with pride and God is constantly having to humble me...you would think I would learn after the 50th time, but no :) It was actually exactly what I needed for me to remember why I was here in Indonesia and what a cool opportunity it was for me to speak to these kids about what the Lord has done in my life. After talking with Molly, shedding some tears and laying it at His feet, I was able to sleep. It's interesting to see the Lord totally humble me when I am preparing for a talk about being humbled...hmmm God is so good :) Tomorrow will be a day full of talks and I am looking forward to it.

No comments: