Friday, January 9, 2009

Evans' Sisters Adventures Day 5-8 continued

January 9 Batam Continued
The day ended up being fairly productive, so I will continue with my reflections of Batam. The next morning we woke up and had breakfast (again on the floor so fun!). Right off the bat I was asked to share my story to the family. It ended up going well and they were able to understand and responded in a good way. We then had a 2 hour conversation that revolved around the Kingdom - it was really interesting to see how they responded and answered our questions. We ended up packing up and going back on the boat to head back to Batam. It was sad to leave this family, but I am confident knowing that He is at work! Our day had only begun when once we got back to Batam. We "mandi" (showered in Indonesian) then went and got cream baths! Wow, for $3 for practically an hour long head massage with avocado cream that turns your hair into silk, not bad at all! We then headed to a hole in the wall to eat and then went bowling!Bowling was so much fun- not to brag but I got 5 strikes in a row! Who knew that would get you a free game :) After bowling we then headed over to the Arcade to play some basketball, air hockey and DDR. I definitely got owned on the DDR! We had a blast, it was like we were kids again! We then decided to get a movie and head back to the house and eat pizza! Pizza, movie and ice cream was a great end to our fun-filled day!

The next day we had to say our goodbyes and get on a plane back to Jakarta. It was sad to say bye to people I had only known for 48 hours, but they were such a blessing! I hope to cross paths with them again soon!



Molly and I were able to find a shuttle back to Bandung, got back to the house and watched some more Gilmore Girls (onto season 4!). Amazing mini vacation for sure and I am so blessed to have had the chance to go! It was an amazing cultural experience for sure and hope to do it again! Oh exciting news, I am learning a few words in Indonesian and I even dreamed in Indonesian the other day (even tho I had no idea what was being said!) haha kinda fun! More later

No comments: