Friday, May 15, 2009

Life is Fragile, His Grace is Enough, Prayers Work

PRAYER WORKS
Well im sitting in Grandma Judy's room on my last full day here. It has been amazing seeing her improvement over the days!! She really is a miracle!! God has answered so many of our prayers so quickly and I couldnt be more thankful!! She is talking a lot better, a lot clearer. She is able to somewhat stand and sit with little help of others. She is eating on her own. The Lord is truly healing her body and I think the coolest thing is that the doctors dont understand how- but I know- GOD IS MORE POWERFUL THAN A STROKE!! I cant tell my friends thank you enough for the prayers and support yall have given in this situation!!!!
Man the verse in James 5:16 "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" has been so evident over this whole semeste- I swear the Lord never seizes to amaze me. 

After lent, I felt convicted that I wasnt praying for others as much as I should have. My eyes were opened to the realization that it's not about me and how fulfilling it is to put my focus on others. Getting on my knees and lifting up those who I love and care about was such an awesome escape... A couple nights were spent sitting on a picnic table, listening to music, prayin and crying...what a release it was to lay everything at His feet- health, school, internships, uncertainties with summer plans and life, friends and family in need of a change of heart...everything... and each time I felt like the burdens, hurts and doubts were lifted.

I never would have thought of myself as a prayer warrior, but its always something to strive after! I have seen the power of prayer and it makes my faith so much stronger.. the Lord is so gracious and so faithful and when I see huge prayers answered it makes me want to pray even harder.... nothing is impossible for God and it has been proven time and time again... PRAYER WORKS :) 

1 comment:

thislifeunfolded said...

YAY!!!! :D I am so excited to hear of all of her improvement... and of the sweet work the LORD is doing in your heart!! :D

How is her heart?