Sunday, January 25, 2009

Reflection of the First Week Back at School

One week of school down 15 more to go :-D
Looking back on the first week I think one word to describe it would be "Encouraged". Man I am so encouraged! Although there are a lot of unknowns concerning the summer, this semester's internship, and life in general- I am so encouraged by the Lord and the amazing ways He works. I have been doing really good with spending time in the Word thanks to the Daily Walk Bible- a day-by-day read (in theory so i can read the bible in one year!) I have gained so much understanding and appreciation for God's Word and its so cool to see how applicable the Word is to my life's experiences! So that has been really neat to see god speak to me through His Word. It was my roommate's birthday this weekend, so we had a surprise party for her on Friday and then had a girls day out on Saturday- nails and shopping it was great!
We have acquired a new decoration for our apartment to help remind us to focus on our studies...haha its kinda the running joke in the house :
This week I will start back up with soccer training and I am really excited about that. I have really gained a passion for weight training so practice wont be a burden, rather an escape! I am going to have my first meeting for my internship for the spring this week to talk about all the details- and I am so excited about the fact that I will be working on the 20th floor of a high-rise in downtown Dallas!! Yup, the Lord is so good.
I heard a really neat quote by Jim Elliot today, and I really want it to be the cry of my heart as well as every follower of Christ:
“Father, make of me a crisis woman. Bring those I contact to decision. Let me not be a milepost on a single road; make me a fork, that men must turn one way or another on facing Christ in me.”

No comments: