Thursday, January 1, 2009

Evans' Sisters Adventures- Day1

January 1, 2009 Happy New Year!
*Well I got into Jakarta Indonesia safe and sound. After getting a visa and picking up my bags, I finally found Molly. Man was it a sweet reunion :) We hoped into a Blue Bird Taxi to go find the guest house in downtown Jakarta. I must say, Molly is definitely Indonesian! She has totally picked up the language its awesome!! After driving around for a while through the crazy amounts of people on motor bikes, we found our little guest house. Molly opened up her Christmas gifts and then we crashed.


*The next morning, they had breakfast ready for us- the craziest looking fruit ever called Rabutan, eggs, toast and banana bread. After breakfast we headed out to ride the train to Bandung. The 3 hour long train ride was so beautiful! I tried to take pictures, but a picture wouldn't be able to capture the breath-taking land of Indonesia. I was so tired from the jet lag, but I wasn't going to sleep through this trip like normal. Man did that pay off, this place is amazing!
There were a ton of rice fields, villages, jungle like vegetation and I even saw a water buffalo :) Molly and I enjoyed catching up about some of life and enjoyed a bottle carbonated iced tea and coke zero.
*Finally, the 3 hour trip was over and we arrived safely to Bandung! Molly was a little nervous when it came to finding a taxi to take us to Kota Baru (the taxi services can be a little sketchy :) ) but the Lord was good and allowed us to find a guy who bartered with Molly for a decent price. We got to Molly's house and I met her roommate Emily-great name I know :).




*I then ate some Indonesian left overs. I tried to take a nap before we watched Christmas Vacation, but it was too hot in the room, so I decided to go for a run in the neighborhood. That was an experience, because all of the neighbors were shocked to see a giant white girl running in their neighborhood :-D The neighborhood wasn't very big, so I was running in circles. Every time I passed these little girls they got all excited, and then there were these two boys on bikes that followed me for a good 10 minutes-I think they mistaken me for Molly.

*After my run in the super humid weather, I got all cleaned up and watched the best movie ever with the sis- Christmas Vacation. 5 minutes into the movie I passed out- bad idea! I was so tired when we went to dinner. Thankfully they have coca cola, so I woke up :) Me and a group of Molly's friends went to an Indian restaurant for dinner. The food was delicious (even if it was green) It was nice meeting the people that Molly works with- they are all very real people with awesome stories of how they came to work over here. It is so cool to see how the Lord prompts people to go places and man when you listen to Him and obey-He can do some amazing things with you!

*After dinner we headed back to the house and put on some good ol Gilmore Girls. That was the end of day 1 in Bandung. Tomorrow we have some outlet shopping planned, grocery shopping and possibly making some crafts. The days ahead are looking very good, so I can't wait. I am definitely going to make the most of every opportunity TODAY because tomorrow is not promised! Happy New Years..stay tuned to more Evans' sisters adventures :)



























































1 comment:

Stacy said...

Happy New Year! Sounds like you're having a great time so far! :) That's awesome that you brought Christmas Vacation...haha oh, & that's cute about the kids following you :) I got a lot of stares when I went to Asia too (it's because we're white huh?) ...haha i'm jk, but seriously. ;) Keep having a BLAST- can't wait to hear how everything goes!