Sunday, December 28, 2008

Preparing for Indonesia

Well, I got home from school 2 weeks ago Wednesday. Left for Colorado last Monday. Just got back late last night, and leave for Indonesia for the next 2 weeks tomorrow at 5pm. Wow, and they call this Christmas break :) Actually this break has gone pretty well so far. Colorado was gorgeous! Since my mom is an adventure seeker, we took every mountain pass we could-risking the lives of all of us and adding like 10 hrs to our trip, but after it was over, it was definitely worth it (well the times that I was actually awake in the car :))
The time in Colorado was nice, but slightly stressful. You know when you ask God for patience, instead of just handing you patience (which would be way too easy and we would never learn) He gives you situations in order for you to work on your Patience-well that was what this week was all about. This break taught me a lot about my self and how I need to love and see all people just the way the Lord sees them.
I wasn't able to get alone time like I was hoping for, but I have a 36hr long trip to Indo to look forward to- I will be all alone, lots of down time, and in countries where I can't speak their language. Yeah, I'm thinking God and I will be having a lot of time together and I can't wait!















Here is what my schedule looks like while I am in Indonesia:
- December 31st-arrive late so we are staying at a guest house in Jakarta
-January 4th- Waterfall hike with the Crowthers
-January 5th-8th- Batam trip (total God thing that we are going!!)
-January 9th- Aaron, Emma and Jennie get in on this day, not sure what we're going to do
- January 10th- Emily's birthday, not sure what we're going to do
- January 11th- Church, Sea tribe meeting, Bandung feasting
- January 12th- 13th- School starts, you can hang out with me, hang out in PE, talk to some high school students
- January 14th- speak in Middle School chapel and then head out in the afternoon to take you back to Jakarta (you might end up going back by yourself, not sure...)
So ya the trip will be quick, but I can't wait to go! I am really looking forward to seeing Molly and growing closer to her!!I am pretty nervous about traveling so far, but man the Lord is going to be with me every step of the way, so why should I be afraid? Pray for safe travel and a blessed time with my sister and the people of Indonesia!!

No comments: